Project Objectives & Methodology
E-Content Generation and Delivery Management for Student Centric Learning
“Education is not filling a bucket but lighting a fire.” -William Butler
In designing this project we assumed that:
- Students are capable of learning
- Content is not a collection of isolated facts, but a method to stimulate learning interest
- Role of teacher is not that of a dictator but a fellow traveler in pursuit of knowledge.
- Evaluation is not just for awarding marks, but is our most effective tool to promote learning.
We incorporated this philosophy into the Four Quadrant model with an objective to develop content accordingly. Subsequent to the vetting done by the external experts, we decided on the methodology for each of the quarters as follows.
- To convert the content available with the developer into a student centric script to be interactively recorded in a class room with active student participation, which will be captured on video. In fact each lecture is delivered twice - first to collect student inputs/observations/questions/ doubts and for the second time incorporating the useful student contribution.).
As an aid to student a printable transcript of the video lesson is also presented. Both the video and text have multiple entry points to facilitate quick reference. ( Quadrant 1)
- To develop & present multi media support material to aid the learning as Power point slides, and other ways to be prepared by the developer comprehensively covering the subject, in most cases over and above the video lesson. This will form a quick reference point to capture(or Recap) the gist of lecture in a very short time. ( Quadrant 2 )
- To create a question bank at three different levels- to test a) remembered information, b) simple application of knowledge and c) involved application of acquired knowledge In order to increase the students understanding, and to facilitate his/her self testing as well as improving the application of concepts, analytical and synthesizing abilities and ultimately evaluation capabilities. There is a provision for feedback and continual interaction also in this quadrant (Quadrant 3)
- To strengthen and deepen the students understanding: References from internet and otherwise with content/ hyperlink/ just reference are available for each lecture. Supplementary Reading Material, Wikis, Case Studies , Anecdotes and Historical Development references are also provided wherever possible. (Quadrant 4)
Please refer to of the Four Quadrant Model suggested by NMEICT for quadrant classification